A Life-Long Wellness and Weight Loss Philosophy
I USE A BIOPSYCHOSOCIAL (whole person) APPROACH TO GET RID OF WHAT HURTS and KEEP WHAT HELPS
Health – a complete and comprehensive health, medical, and medication history to determine how your body feels and how it functions, then each addressed to create your plan along with medical recommendations to maximize your health.
Wellness – a comprehensive behavioral health assessment to determine how you feel emotionally and function socially, then offer specific recommendations to avoid pitfalls, enhance good habits, then to achieve sense of ease and well-being.
Weight – a complete weight loss and weight gain history including prior successes and present obstacles, then create an easy to follow diet plan specific to your eating patterns and preferences for life long weight loss.
What does this mean?
I am a BUT doctor…(no, not THAT kind of but…).
When someone says:
- I’ve tried everything, but nothing seems to work…
- I did well for a while, but couldn’t keep going…
- I have been diagnosed with [insert disease here] but I don’t know what that means…
- I sleep but I’m still always tired…
- I’d want to lose weight, but I can’t exercise because of my back and joint pain…
I find the cause and eliminate the “but”
WHAT does this mean for you?
- a comprehensive medical and health history assessment
- a comprehensive social and behavioral health/well-being assessment
- a 14-day food diary/nutritional analysis
- a customized wellness and weight loss plan that fits within your life and lifestyle
- 2 one-hour sessions a month for coaching, counseling, and accountability (additional 30-minute sessions can be added separately)
- Direct messaging access in between sessions for questions and support
Some might refer to this as life coaching, others as health coaching, but since I am a physician, I provide nutritional and medical treatment recommendations as well.
- Are sick and tired of being sick and tired?
- Have you decide a change is in order because you feel one way and wish you felt another?
- Have you tired to lose weight but nothing has worked?
- Are you overwhelmed and want to feel well?
- Are you determined that today will be better than the days before?
- Do you feel as if no one is listening to what’s wrong?
- Are you unsure of where to turn for help?
- Do you need your conditions explained to you in a way you can understand and take control ?
- Do you want a doctor’s undivided attention, focusing on your health and wellness needs?
If you answered yes to any of the above, then you’ve found the help you need.